PDAs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Anyone use a Palm PDA with their Mac? I want to find a good PDA that is compatible with OS X. I like using iCal and having it sync with my iPod, but I'd also like a device that I can enter information into directly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have a Palm Treo 700P Smart Phone. Before it I had a Tungsten T and both work fine with my Mac. The Calendar software on the Palm works OK with iCal, but it's not the best integration and you need to use Apples iSync software to make it work. I tried "The Missing Sync" software for the Mac and for all of it's hype it did nothing better for syncing iCal and the Palm calendar up any better than iSync did. The shortcomings are in the Palm calendar App itself and not on the Mac side to be honest.

My biggest grip is that if I Create a multi-day, all day event in iCal, say from Monday through Friday of this week and mark it as all day in iCal, it doesn't translate to the Palm as an All Day event and shows up each day individually as a separate daily event. If I fix on the Palm so it is a multi-day all day event, it shows up in iCal as separate daily events. If Palm were still actually developing their Apps anymore I'd gripe to them, but they switching OSs for Palm and all of the old stuff is not being updated anymore. It's sort of annoying to be honest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Can you sync iCal with the Palm without using Palms calendar software? I'm bidding on a Tungsten E2 on eBay and this, along with Address Book syncing, is what I'd like it to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
As pathetic and cheap as it might be I just use the Palm Z22 cheapy palm pilot for my appointments, contact lists, etc. it does the trick and Palm Desktop software works like a charm on Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I looked at the Z22, but I wanted the full-sized screen in case I add any other apps to it. The Z22 looks nice, and the style looks very Apple-ish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I use a Palm Tungsten T3 and enjoy it very much. Missing Sync works pretty well with OS X. iCal syncing is my gripe too. I'm glad to not have to use the Palm Desktop software with Missing Sync, but it mangles iCal. Took me some time to iron everything out and I still get problems. I'm happy with the setup but will probably switch to iPhone for PDA stuff once v2.0 hits and prices drop.
-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Can you sync iCal with the Palm without using Palms calendar software? I'm bidding on a Tungsten E2 on eBay and this, along with Address Book syncing, is what I'd like it to do.

Yes, that is what iSync brings you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I use a Tungsten T3, but I have to admit that I use Agendus under Parallels so it is not really using it with a Mac, I guess. I just think that iCal and Address Book is no comparison to Agendus....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.