PC Mac Remote Access

Reaction score
Well guys I would like to connect my Mac and my PC together. I poked around and found that on XP Microsoft released Remote Desktop connection, can I use that program and use another within OS X to connect them? Is there software that will connect the computers without downloading another app on the mac side? If so how? Anu tutorials? good apps? Any help is apreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
On the PC, enable RDC. On the Mac, download RDC from MS's site (free). Now you can remote pilot the PC with the Mac.

On the Mac, go into System Preferences > Sharing
Turn on "Apple Remote Desktop" then click on Access Priviledges. Turn on "VNC viewers may bla bla..." and enter a password.
On the PC, download a VNC viewer (like the free TightVNC). You can now remote pilot the Mac from the PC.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, I think I understand now. I thought that the mac could go both ways without downloading a program? Guess not, (maybe that is only mac to mac, I dont know) what other good programs out there, I read that the beta version is of MS is quite buggy. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Yes, definitely stay away from the beta. I don't know how they can consider it beta quality... it's still alpha in my opinion.

LogMeIn.com is easy and free, but is slow and runs through java.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.