Windows Media Player

Reaction score
Hi All!!Well, I just got my new iMac 20" 2.4 GHz the other day, after using Windows based systems since I can remember. I'm VERY impressed so far, and I dont think I'll go back to a PC...like, ever!!

Anyways my question: whilst using Safari, I've found that I cant watch some of my video highlights. I'm a huge NBA fan, and when I go to watch videos from tht site - aong with other sites - they simply dont work. I have the latest Windows Media Player installed, but I', guessing theres some kind of special plugin I need? If so, where do I find it? Because I've been looking for one for ages and have been un-successful thus far. Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
flip4mac will work.

OP
porkchop_001
Reaction score
Thanks for your support Gomez. Sadly that did nothing. I dont think I actually explain clearly enough. On NBA.com, I watch streaming videos - now downloaded ones. So when I view the screen where the video streams/plays, nothing shows up. As also, when I've gont to other sites that have Windows Media Player streaming videos - it says I require a plugin but provdes no link. As mentioned before, I have the latest version of WMP but I dont know where to get this plugin!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Thanks for your support Gomez. Sadly that did nothing. I dont think I actually explain clearly enough. On NBA.com, I watch streaming videos - now downloaded ones. So when I view the screen where the video streams/plays, nothing shows up. As also, when I've gont to other sites that have Windows Media Player streaming videos - it says I require a plugin but provdes no link. As mentioned before, I have the latest version of WMP but I dont know where to get this plugin!

He's right, use flip4mac. I went to nba.com and it worked fine. I use filp4mac and Camino which is the same as firefox.
I tested it with Safari and had no luck.

Try a different browser for a little. A lot of people prefer Camino or Firefox over Safari. Both can be downloaded here: Link!!

OP
porkchop_001
Reaction score
Oh, my apologies then Gomez. Thanks heaps Mr. bryphotoguy - much appreciated! I'll look into some of those alernative browsers ;) cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
i would also go with camino....i switched and havent looked back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.