Photo Booth Pics Reversed - Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
Hey Guys,

I have a Macbook Pro and am starting to use it more than Windows computers. I've played around a lot and think I screwed something up somewhere.

In Photo Booth using the built in camera, the pics I take are reversed (not sure what this is called).

Like if I take a pic of something, it's almost like a mirror image of it.

Here is a sample:

pic2.jpg

So see in this, this is a pic I just took to show this really quick. The microwave is showing right to left instead of left to right.

If I take a pic of myself as an example with a shirt with a polo shirt or something on the left, the logo is on the right.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this thing or what I could have changed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Core2Duo White
All the isights on macbooks work this way in photo booth. It helps you adjust yourself in front of the camera -- you move left, your image moves left. In the Edit menu you can select "autoflip new images" so that the resulting pictures are saved using the correct/natural orientation.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
All the isights on macbooks work this way in photo booth. It helps you adjust yourself in front of the camera -- you move left, your image moves left. In the Edit menu you can select "autoflip new images" so that the resulting pictures are saved using the correct/natural orientation.

Awesome, thanks! I hadn't seen that option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Core2Duo White
No problem at all. I wish there was a simple setting that could make this mirroring optional. That would give more freedom.

Reaction score
there is such a programme to download, i cant remember what its called but when i get home in less than 2 hours ill post a link

it has all sorts of editing options before you take the picture. it works with imovie too when recording.

Edit: You can download I glasses here

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24758
- iglasses is free (for 7 days) im sure you could get a free serial code or something for it, but its really good, installs fast and opens automatically with imovie, photo booth etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.