Upgrade RAM in Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17", 2.4Ghz
I have recently brought a 17" Macbook pro, the 2.4Ghz model, and I want to upgrade the RAM to 4GB. I have found many 2GB sticks that I can put in my mac and the specs match up to what the crucial checker and apple reccomend, but I am not sure weather they will work. I have found some corsair memory? Would this be any good? The specs are exactly the same as the apple reccomended ram.

Thanks,
Luca

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core Duo
Hello! I am new to this forum. I don't know how to start a new thread but this one maybe relevant I need some advice about the most suitable type of RAM to increase my notebook's memory. I have one of the first versions of the MacBook Pros which I bought in 2006. It's 15 inch, with a 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processor. Currently it has 512 MB 667 MHz RAM. I need to increase it to a minimum of 1GB (Max 2 GB) because I want to install the Final Cut Express. By the way I am in Istanbul. I have seen two different brands here. One brand is Kingston and it's very cheap, only USD 16 for 1GB. So for 2, it's USD 32. The other brand is Corsair, only available in 2GB in the Apple Store here and it's USD 100. The guy at the Apple store says it will work in one slot, I don't need 2 x 1 GB. Is that true? Also there's a USD 68 difference. But I've heard that Kingston rams cause problems with Macs. Your help will be appreciated.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I have recently brought a 17" Macbook pro, the 2.4Ghz model, and I want to upgrade the RAM to 4GB. I have found many 2GB sticks that I can put in my mac and the specs match up to what the crucial checker and apple reccomend, but I am not sure weather they will work. I have found some corsair memory? Would this be any good? The specs are exactly the same as the apple reccomended ram.

Thanks,
Luca

Just so you know that your MBP comes with two 1GB RAM in each slot. Therefore buying a 2GB is not upgrading.

You need to get 2X2GB RAM to get the 4GB of RAM that you want to upgrade to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.