New Website? Or Just Forward?

Reaction score
Greetings mac-forums. I have a quick question.

I am planning to launch a new service at my website. Where it has mostly featured examples of my photography, I will putting together material for a new service which will feature works for sale: some general, some targeted to a specific market. I have a catchy name for the service.

The service would in no way be anonymous; it will have my name, and a link to my site.

My question is, would you suggest I launch that service from my website, Christopher.com, or should I launch a new website with that catchy name? I have already purchased the domain name, so even if I do not give it its own website, I will set up forwarding from that domain name to the service at my personal website.

If this was you, would you have a preference? Or do you feel it is about the same either way? Other than the price of the domain name, I don't believe it costs more to fully host the domain.

Thanks very much for any replies.

Reaction score
I would use your new domain name. It will make your website have more consistency compared to if you used photography.Christopher.com or you just hosted it on Christopher.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.