screen protector + sleeping

J

jp_tix

hi folks,

i've had my 15'' powerbook for some months now, and i recently bought a screen protector cloth to avoid the keys from damaging the screen when
the powerbook is closed.

but...if i put the protector in and close the screen while the machine is on (so it goes into sleep mode), it won't wake up when i open it later. it hasn't turned itself off, but i have to reboot using Ctrl+Command+Power...

i like to just keep my machine sleeping when i'm not using it, does that
mean i have no use for the screen protector?

peace,

jp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
jp_tix said:
hi folks,

i've had my 15'' powerbook for some months now, and i recently bought a screen protector cloth to avoid the keys from damaging the screen when
the powerbook is closed.

but...if i put the protector in and close the screen while the machine is on (so it goes into sleep mode), it won't wake up when i open it later. it hasn't turned itself off, but i have to reboot using Ctrl+Command+Power...

i like to just keep my machine sleeping when i'm not using it, does that
mean i have no use for the screen protector?

peace,

jp
Just looks like a coincidence to me. Your screen protector cloth shouldn't have any affect on your PB. Sometimes it might take a while for your computer to wake up from its slumber... I know for a fact mine does.

EY

OP
J

jp_tix

EYPUFF said:
Just looks like a coincidence to me. Your screen protector cloth shouldn't have any affect on your PB. Sometimes it might take a while for your computer to wake up from its slumber... I know for a fact mine does.

EY

i know what you mean - and that's not it. it never happens without the
screen protector, and it always happen when i use it.

i just read some of the "PowerBook G4 15-inch Getting Started.pdf" file

http://manuals.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/powerbooks/0221612PB_G415inchUG.pdf

on page 68 it says:

Never place anything over your keyboard before closing
the display. This can cause your computer to cycle on and off which may create excessive heat and drain on your battery.

i don't understand how they can sell the screen protectors if it will damage the machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't think they are meant for use during sleep.

I use a marware keyboard cover and i have never had a problem with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Not an issue. I always keep the iSkin protector on my keyboard - while using it, whilst on sleep and also when its shut off. Additionally, I also use the ScreenSaverZ cloth when i put it on sleep or shut it down. It works perfectly for me. Maybe u should get ur PB checked out or something.

OP
J

jp_tix

Strider said:
Not an issue. I always keep the iSkin protector on my keyboard - while using it, whilst on sleep and also when its shut off. Additionally, I also use the ScreenSaverZ cloth when i put it on sleep or shut it down. It works perfectly for me. Maybe u should get ur PB checked out or something.

i got a slightly thinner cover and now it works fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.