A warning about CS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
I recently received a few review copies of the Adobe Creative Suite (various versions) and Lightroom, I'm a Photography product reviewer for an Apple review site so I get the opportunity to do this kind of thing from time to time.

Well last night I got around to installing CS3 design premium, I'd used the Photoshop CS3 trial when it first became available so there were traces of it still installed on my computer. Something like 400 html files in different languages that linked to the Adobe website for tech support etc. My press kit had instructions about how to properly uninstall CS3 trials so that the installation would go as planned but I'd long since plunked the trial in the trash and emptied it.

I had to go and manually remove those html files by hunting them down with the finder. It took me nearly an hour, but this was the only way that CS3 would allow Photoshop extended to install. It thought because of those files, that Photoshop was already installed on my computer.

Now I am relatively new to Mac so perhaps there is a better way of doing what I did. But I'm just warning that if there is any trace of a previous version of a CS3 trial application on your computer, it won't install from the full version disk.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Adobe released a small script called the Adobe CS3 Clean Script that removes all the necessary files to strip the beta from your computer. I had the same problem as you and when I read the script I installed Design Premium just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
Maybe Automator would be able to find all the files and delete them for you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
Yeah these are all things that I'm relatively new to. Having switched from Windows only 4 months ago. I'm only writing for the website based on my proficiency with photography and the fact that I own a mac. They luckinly aren't relying on my proficiency in running a mac.

Either way I got it all sorted out and am now running CS3 design premium and lightroom without problems. I'm thinking to install CS3 Web premium on my other Mac today. It's new and has ever had anything Adobe installed so I shouldn't have any troubles.

SLC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.