Migrate Windows Data to OSX

Reaction score
I have migrated data from osx machines but my friend just switched to mac (because of me) and he needs to get his data from his window machine to the new mac.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

I have converted 7 people from windows to osx, don't I deserve a discount now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
whata kinda of data? when i made the switch i just copied all my files (word,excel,ppt,pictures,music) onto an external hard drive and then on to my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
If you have a home network, you can use an ethernet cable to transfer all your files or if you have wireless you can use that, but that will be much slower.

Additionally you can also burn the data to CD/DVD and then transfer it to your Mac.

You can use an external HD, but make sure its formatted as fat32 and not ntfs because Mac OS X doesn't work with NTFS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
I have a questiona nd a new thread really isnt necssary. Can i put whole folders on an external? ill the mac be able to open them? OR do i haveto just put the raw files on there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.