How to Delete Duplicate Songs on Itunes

Reaction score
I just uploaded my songs from an external hard-drive to my macbook and when placing the mp3 files onto the itunes, they all double up making me have near 2000 songs. I do the view>show duplicates, but it just shows them all. I have tried scripts but I cannot get one to actually deleat them instead of moving them around. Is there a way to do this without clicking and deleating songs 1000 times?

Also on the external hardrive they are not doubled up, but they have a folder for each song

Example: Red-hot Chili Peppers>Albums>Songs (Which are not doubled)

I do not know why they are doing this I have tried many tricks from what I have found online all are unsuccessful..

Reaction score
Go to View>Show Duplicates and move all those to a playlist, then run this program.(half way down "remove duplicate tracks)

OP
Z
Reaction score
I did that exact same thing. It said no duplicates were removed. But I must of installed the script wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.