I'm going crazy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
In the last week, both my fiancee and I purchased new Macs. She ordered the MacBook 2.16 white and I ordered the MacBook Pro 2.2. She ordered hers about 3 days after me and, of course, she already has hers and I'm still waiting. I just want it to get here NOW! School started today and not having it is a pain. I write really slowly so taking notes the old fashioned way (paper and pen) doesn't work very well for me. Thanks for reading my rant. So.....is it worth the wait?????

Oh, another question: I know that the MBP gets hot on the bottom, but does that cause it to slow down considerably? I really hate when you're using a notebook and you have to keep lifting up one of the corners to vent some heat.

~Damien

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.16 ghz, 120 gig HD, 2 gig memory
gratz on the new mac, they are definitly worth the wait!

as to your heating concerns, yes it will get pretty hot down there but you wont need to lift it up for it to vent as long as its on a flat surface. One product i recommend is the targus chilling mat, works great on my MB (might be a little small for your MBP). Lifts it up and gets some fans to blow out the heat and it helps keep it relatively cooler. They are pretty decently priced got mine for 20 bucks at walmart.

here a link to the mat
http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=pa248u

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook
You may also want to try taking a look at these: http://www.pwx.cc/ They lift up the back of the MB(P), allowing air flow and also giving a more natural position to type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.