Temporary internet files (with firefox and Safari)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Where does Firefox and Safari store it's temporary internet files?

Reaction score
wow you posted this last year and no one has gotten back to you sad:( I have the same question and I can't find an answer. From what I understand mac stores stuff in caches but the files in the caches don't tell you what type of file they are and file names convey nothing so it's dangerous to go clicking around. So am wondering if there is a way to find stuff you are looking for like an mp3. Example: http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/856856_wi0so/eatheInBreatheOut-MatKearney.mp3 the browser opens it with quick time. On a pc this is no big deal cuz you can go find the file in temporary internet files but on a mac I'm not sure where to find this file. Does anyone know where these files are stored and if it is stored in caches then is there away to tell what type of files they are?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Firefox

~/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/*.default/Cache

I believe Safari is in

~/Library/Caches/Safari

Reaction score
Temporary Files in SNL

There is no ~Library/Caches/Safari in SNL, but ~/Library/Caches/com.Apple.Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
There is no ~Library/Caches/Safari in SNL, but ~/Library/Caches/com.Apple.Safari.

This is a two year old thread .... :D
And SL wasnt even a blink in the eye then, so is obvious they arnt talking about Snow Leopard, and the 1st post was wayssssss back in 2007 ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.