What's the best PDA and/or smartphone for the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
I've got a Pearl that I like but sync'ing with my iMac is driving me crazy. The RIM software blows and I don't think I've ever hated a piece of software more than Missing Sync. I bought the Pearl pre-switch and if I knew what I know now I never would have bought it.

So, the Pearl's got to go. What do I replace it with? What's the best PDA and/or smartphone for the Apple crowd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
For the soul purposes of syncing with your Mac, the best phone would be the iphone. I;m not a big fan of it however since it is expensive and lacks certain features. But if you are really concerned with syncing with the mac, the iPhone is the obvious choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've always liked Palm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Palm 700p is what I use without any problems syncing through Missing Sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Sony Ericssons sync beautifully with the Mac - My 700i syncs like a charm (I actually have it Sync with Entourage, but iCal and Address Book also get sycned.

AFAIK, the P900i does this too, so does the K750i and K800i and the W800 series.

Unfortunately the P990 and the M800 don't! Hopefully the P1 will.

Motorola have good sync abilties too.

I understood the Blackberry was fine with the Mac? I have just ordered one, but might cancel if this doesn't work!

Reaction score
Stick with Palm if you don't like Missing Sync. I don't have problems with Missing Sync and I love my Samsung Blackjack.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sync'ing the blackberry is beyond horrid with the Mac. Random errors, duplicate records, duplicate data within records, total failure to sync components. I cross my fingers every time I click the sync button - I am absolutely sick and tired of it. Before I bought my iMac I would sync with my home WinXP desktop and my work WinXP laptop. It worked perfectly, flawlessly, effortlessly every time. I still sync with my laptop and it still works perfectly but I've given up on my mac. My Pearl has to go. :-(

I hate to denigrate all Missing Sync conduits, maybe it's only the Pearl version that is crap?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I've got a Pearl that I like but sync'ing with my iMac is driving me crazy. The RIM software blows and I don't think I've ever hated a piece of software more than Missing Sync. I bought the Pearl pre-switch and if I knew what I know now I never would have bought it.

So, the Pearl's got to go. What do I replace it with? What's the best PDA and/or smartphone for the Apple crowd?

I felt the same way. I broke down and bought the markspace blackberry sync. My life true is now complete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Uh oh... Maybe I should have checked into this before I ordered my Pearl. It's on its way to me right now. Is is really that bad? And is there any software that comes from Blackberry, or is it just total garbage?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can download a Mac version of the desktop software but it's very buggy - pretty much unusable. I turfed it and went with Missing Sync - only slightly better but still garbage.

Uh oh... Maybe I should have checked into this before I ordered my Pearl. It's on its way to me right now. Is is really that bad? And is there any software that comes from Blackberry, or is it just total garbage?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't quite understand boneheadz, markspace makes Missing Sync - the piece of software I think is horrendous. Maybe you quoted the wrong comment. :)

I felt the same way. I broke down and bought the markspace blackberry sync. My life true is now complete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I had the xv 6700 (or ppc 6700 if you're on sprint) and I never had any problems syncing it with my mac. Though the 6800 is due out real soon, it'll be much better. The missing sync has support for many phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i haveing been using pocketmac sync with my blackberry (8700) and i have had no problems with it at all. it took me a time or two to get my settings the way i wanted but now i just plug it in and hit sync.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never tried PocketMac Sync. Anyone else have good results with this?

i haveing been using pocketmac sync with my blackberry (8700) and i have had no problems with it at all. it took me a time or two to get my settings the way i wanted but now i just plug it in and hit sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Another Palm 700p/Missing Sync user here with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm in the same dilemma, and decided to go with the MotoQ. Mainly because it was $200 cheaper to buy vs. any Blackberry that my provider has.

With Missing Sync, it'll work no problem with Mac, as I currently sync my RAZR to my iBook for the Address Book, iCal, and for putting pics onto it as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Missing Sync and Palm Tungsten T3 here. Works OK but iCal calendars go invisible everytime I close the iCal application. Have to restore it from my .mac Backup on every reboot. Otherwise it's fine as I only reboot once a week. I'd recommend the Apple Newton. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.