overclock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I very much doubt that you can. What are you doing that you need more clock speed from it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
With the EFI instead of a BIOS, there is no direct access to the system board.
Which means there is definitely no easy way - if there is a way at all.

Have been overclocking my Win boxes for several years. However, only did a very preliminary search regarding this right after I got my MBP. Found very little. Did find one Open Source project rEFIt, but have not tried it. Looks like it provides some access to the EFI system, but don't know how much. Read through the forum there a little and looks like it is mainly being used by those that want to run Linux natively on their machines rather than hardware enthusiasts trying to get maximum speed from their rigs.

Think I just finally got out of my windows mentality of spending at least 25% of my computing time messing with the system, tweaking, etc.; and just started using the box I have. For an old timer it really has been a welcome change.

Note: They havn't gotten it working on the new Santa Rosa chips yet either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.