Closed lid sleeping MacBook

Reaction score
When you close the lid, is the fan running?

If the MacBook is in sleep mode, and I put it in my carry bag, I don't want it to suffocate...

What components are actually running / using power when the MacBook is in sleep mode?

TWM

Reaction score
it won't suffocate due to the fact that is is not a living organism. (just giving you a hard time! lol)

Now, When you put it to sleep, your fans are off, and it is fine to put in a bag, or backpack or whatever. i always just shut the lid and leave it in my backpack. Hope this answers your question..???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
When you close the lid to go into sleep mode everything turns off.

OP
V
Reaction score
So does that mean you never have to turn off your MacBook?

I mean, why turn off when you can just close lid...

lol now im just giving you a hard time, thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
from what i have heared off people on this forum is that most people dont even bother turning there mac off and just leave it in sleep mode all the time.

OP
V
Reaction score
There must be a down-side to this...

Life experience has taught me, you never gain something for nothing. Surely this device is not that godly in that it can boot up super-fast in normal mode and even faster in sleep mode.

If not, all hail thy MacBook.

Reaction score
the only downside to constantly sleeping your MB is that, at least on mine anyway, it will start to get sluggish the longer it's been on. After a week or so of sleeping, if you shut it down for the night it will feel a lot fresher when you turn it on again.

Other than that, I never turn mine off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
this is one of the reasons i am getting a macbook, this feature seems great especialy for carrying it round with you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I've never experienced sluggishness even after running the machine (iMac) for a month and a half (that was my record). Even the iBook. I love the fact that everything shuts down unlike a PC where the fan is still whining away.

Reaction score
mine definitely does. Dashboard loads slower, I get more beachballs... but I don't mind turning it off overnight once a week or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz 2GB 120GB hard drive NVIDIA graphics with 128MB SDRAM
i turn my on in the morring and leave it on all day, i put it to sleep when not in use by closing the lid, and at night when i am done using it it turn it off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.