Changing finder and dashboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
How can i change the Finder and Dashboard icons?

Reaction score
Go into their bundles and see in Info.plist where their icons are. And then just change them.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I tried to change the Dashboard icon in the applications folder, but when i removed it from the dock then replaced it with the new icon, it reverted back to the original on the dock, but in applications, it's the new one. And for the finder one, i can't seem to replace it. What do you mean by "Go into their bundles and see in Info.plist?"

Reaction score
Go to interfacelift.com and download, for free, which ones you want. Right click on a logo you want to use from what you downloaded, and select the logo in the top left and copy it with apple c. Then right click the icon you want to replace with the one you just copied and select get info( you can't do it from the dock do it from your applications folder) and select the logo in the top left and hit apple v.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.