Question on Sleep Mode

Reaction score
Is there any way to prevent losing connection to the internet during sleep mode? I'm a college student and would like to stay connected to my chat program during the day while I'm away so I can receieve messages.

Reaction score
Hi, I find that if the computer goes to sleep because it has been unactive I don't loose connection, but I do loose connection if I ask the computer to go to sleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You can got to System Preferences>>>> Energy Saver >>>>> and set it to Never sleep.

1244224390_794681884d.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Core2Duo White
Hi, I find that if the computer goes to sleep because it has been unactive I don't loose connection, but I do loose connection if I ask the computer to go to sleep

That's probably because when it is inactive the display goes to sleep first not the whole computer. If you choose the sleep option then the entire computer goes to sleep. In the sleep mode, it is not possible to keep your connection alive since for all practical purposes the computer is shut down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.