• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Video| 15" MacBook Pro | iPod Shuffle
I'm on the computer almost 24 hours a day, and my mom thinks I'm addicted to it. So today, I didn't go on at all. I found alternate activities like riding my bike, chess, ipod, and tv.

While I was doing my rubiks cube my mom comes in the room and yells, "TURN IT OFF!".

Anyone else have parents who think they're kids are addicted to their macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
My dad always says that its unnatural for a human being to spend so much time sitting in front of a computer screen....and soon after that he'll bring an Indesign document that he needs to be looked at :) (among other things)

Reaction score
Tryin to make me go to rehab i say no, no, no.

Well, my dads an eBay addict (not kidding...we have 7 threewheelers from there, and 3 people to ride themzzzz0, so i dont have to worry about such things

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 4GB 1333MHz 320GB / 60G iPod Touch
My dad always thought I was a computer-crack-head some years ago, and he used to scold me and such... but long story short, I then became the computer-wiz-in-tha-family-who-can-fix-anything. From villain to hero, just like that :p Although I don't live with my parents anymore for some years now, I'm always the one everyone turns to when a pc "does its thing"... :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My oldest (17) is banned from the Web for as long as she lives in my house (it's a long story), but she still has internet access for things like iTunes, Mail (Apple Mail) and Limewire, no chat stuff though. My youngest (14) is pretty good and limits herself pretty well. She doesn't go online until her homework is done etc. I have set limits for her though and the internet is the same as the phones (cell & house), no activity after 10PM, 7 days a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
The only time my 13 year old is on is for homework (his school is on a 3 year pilot program where all the kids have MacBooks, that they bring home daily, no paper books) or when we team up to play World of Warcraft. Except for that he basically has no other computer interests, so telling him to get off the computer has not been an issue at our house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
At times I wish I still had someone around to yell at me. I'm a grad student and should be spending every free moment studying, but I get distracted easily. Speaking of . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.