iPhoto Events on iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
I've starting using iPhoto for the first time, having just got hold of iLife 08. I love the Events feature - it's exactly what I was hoping iPhoto would give me.

Because I'm using iPhoto I've also just synced my iPhoto library with my iPod 5G. I can see all the photos... but the lovely Events view doesn't seem to be present :Not-Amused: Given that's the only way I've organised my photos (I'm not bothering with Albums, they don't add anything for me) that means the only way to find a photo in 10,500 of them is to page through the whole library.

Am I missing something here? Or are we waiting for a firmware update for the iPod to add Events in to the photo browsing; in which case, any clues when?

Reaction score
Same here

Hi thermidor.

Yeah, I've just noticed exactly the same thing with my iPod. I can't see a way to sync events to the iPod at present, which is annoying when you have a large library and no album(s).

However, there is an up-coming Apple announcement next week (5th Sept) which looks like it may well be iPod-related... who knows, maybe this will include an update to iTunes/iPod software and better syncing of photos from iPhoto '08...

Cheers,
John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.