Mac book pro "santa rosa"

Reaction score
I wanna buy new macbook pro with code name "Santa Rosa" processor how to distinguish old macbook pro using old core2 duo . can we check thru serial number of that macbook pro on APPLE website .:plz do help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Santa Rosa processor is still a core 2 duo processor. The older core 2 duo processors in macbook pros had speeds of 2.16 and 2.33 Ghz while the newer Santa Rosa processor speeds are 2.2 and 2.4 Ghz. All the new macbook pros sold on Apple are santa rosa processors and the older ones are no longer produced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Externally, the "Santa Rosa" MBPs have a FireWire 800 port on the right side; I don't think it was on the earlier models.

OP
K
Reaction score
even i have found same that new "santa rosa" r marked with centrino pro as compared to old ones which have centorino core2 duo sticker on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Externally, the "Santa Rosa" MBPs have a FireWire 800 port on the right side; I don't think it was on the earlier models.

The older MBPs have firewire 800 also. Trust me, I'm using one right now.

even i have found same that new "santa rosa" r marked with centrino pro as compared to old ones which have centorino core2 duo sticker on it

Where did you see this sticker? Apple does not put stickers on their computers the way PC makers do. They keep things nice and clean without a lot of unnecessary advertisement (we all know Intel processors are in their computers)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
The older MBPs have firewire 800 also. Trust me, I'm using one right now.

Ah, I know the first models didn't have one, but wasn't sure about the revised ones.

Where did you see this sticker? Apple does not put stickers on their computers the way PC makers do. They keep things nice and clean without a lot of unnecessary advertisement (we all know Intel processors are in their computers)

Yeah, those stickers have no place on a MacBook Pro. First of all, PC manufacturers get paid for putting Intel stickers on their products, Apple chose not to accept that money so whoever put them on is advertising Intel for free. Also, the MacBook Pro doesn't even qualify for the Centrino program. Centrino laptops must have an Intel graphics processor, and the MacBook Pros don't. I don't think Apple or Intel would be very happy about those stickers.

Reaction score
I am confused with "Santa Rosa" components... Do all MBP's leaving Apple come with "Santa Rosa" hardware now? When did Apple start using "Santa Rosa"? Finally, I hear Apple will change from "Santa Rosa" in November, after the launch of Leopard. How much truth is there to that? Assuming that information is accurate, it would be ideal to wait until the first quarter of 08 to purchase a MBP. Right?

Thanks for any insight!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.