Dreamweaver 8 problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

Great site! Thanx to all! I have a problem with Dreamweaver 8 if I want to open an exististing .html site and I want to edit the site. Dreamweaver's showing me an "index.html locked file and can be viewed but not changed"

Please help

Thanx

P.s. When I edit the page ,I get an error "macintosh access is required" when i try saving.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
I am a Linux user, but will be a mac user in 2 days.

You need to be in "root" to save the file. I have never come across this problem before.

I would contact Adobe, I don't think you can go into root with the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
right click on the html file in finder and click on get info and under ownership and permissions make sure it says you can read & write. other than that, i can't help you.

and mac's don't give you access to root privileges but you can access them if necessary, which it shouldn't be to edit an .html file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The file may also be "locked". Do the same right-click get info thing and somewhere in the middle there will be a check box "Locked". Make sure it is unchecked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.