OS X auto-mount network drives?

Reaction score
I have setup a Windows Home Server machine to store my videos. I set an alias for the netowrk shared drives in my Mac's Movie folder so I can watch the videos streaming from my WHS machine to Frontrow. The annoying thing is everytime I shutdown my Mac or put it to sleep, the network drives are disconnected, so I have to run Finder and clicking on my WHS for OS X to mount the network drives again. Annoying! Is there a way for OS X to just do this automatically everytime I start my Mac or wake up from sleep mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Don't know the solution to your problem but thanks for the tip on creating aliases in the movie folder!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
Same question here. There must be an answer though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
OSX network shares are borked. The only way I know of is to write an AppleScript script to mount your drives, then make it an auto-run item when you log in. If you Google around a bit you can find instructions for doing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
you can make a mount re appear each time you turn on by mounting the share as usual then going to system preferences, accounts, login items, click on the "+" below the right hand pane in the window, click on the share in the left hand pane then click on "ADD".

OP
P
Reaction score
you can make a mount re appear each time you turn on by mounting the share as usual then going to system preferences, accounts, login items, click on the "+" below the right hand pane in the window, click on the share in the left hand pane then click on "ADD".
I think I tried that. Problem is it will open up finder everytime the Mac starts, even more annoying since I have 3 or more shared drives, and there will be 3 or 4 Finder windows popping up everytime I boot up. :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
No doesn't do that on any of my computers! Are you selecting the drive itself and then clicking on add or a directory inside the drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.