uninstal helpp????

Reaction score
i had Symantec AntiVirus and i didnt like how it ran plus slowed down my syste. so i tryed to uninstal it, when i did using app delete and cleanapp and just plan trash when ever i rebot i get this."Symantec AntiVirus Auto-Protect could not continue. Please run LiveUpdate or reinstall Symantec AntiVirus and restart. (Code: 10)" i know its bc it cant find the program but how do i take it out of the bootup list or delete this?? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Apple menu > System Preferences
Under System category > Accounts
Login Items tab
Find the one(s) related to Symantec

You might want to make note of where it is situated, so that you know where to find it if you want to delete the file(s) ifself. To know where an item in that list is located, hover your mouse over it for about a second.

Then to remove it, select it and click the [-] button

Be careful to not remove something else from that list though. There's no way to directly "undo" removing something from that list. Either the application will have to re-add it (if it can do that) or you'd have to re-add it manually (if you remember what you removed). Yeah, so be careful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do a Spotlight search for "Symantic" and just delete anything you find. My wife's iMac was doing the same thing as you described above and I just had to get rid of some of the extraneous stuff that was still trying to do something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Ah, also check here:

/Library/StartupItems
( the first / represents "Macintosh HD," your main hard drive )

In there are items that open at startup for all users,
while the list in System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items is just the items that start when you log in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.