Importing compilation album into iTunes

Reaction score
I am trying to import a collection of music (songs from entourage season 1) into iTunes. The problem is that itunes drops each song as a different album and I want all the songs to appear as one album called "entourage season 1" and not 50 different albums. I can't seem to edit the tags on each of the songs without importing them in iTunes first.

any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
go through all of them and change their info. thats what i do and i dont think there is any other way to do it to my knowledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Before importing, change the album info so it is all the same. (Ex. all album fields have "entourage season 1")

OP
T
Reaction score
go through all of them and change their info. thats what i do and i dont think there is any other way to do it to my knowledge.

How do I do that without opening them in iTunes? when I right click on them it doesn't let me change the any information

Reaction score
1. Do the tracks already have the same album name? If yes, just select all the tracks, right click -> Get info, and make sure the option for "Part of Compilation" is selected to "yes."
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304389
2. If not, change the album name of each track to be the same, and do step 1.
3. Just do it in iTunes. Why do you want to do it without opening iTunes?

OP
T
Reaction score
1. Do the tracks already have the same album name? If yes, just select all the tracks, right click -> Get info, and make sure the option for "Part of Compilation" is selected to "yes."
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304389

because each album has over 50 tracks each and I have about 150 albums in iTunes, so its a big pain to find each track as itunes mixes them all in with the other albums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You can use Musorg to change the ID3 tags before you import to iTunes to set the album name and, handily, set the 'Part of a Compilation' flag so when you import into iTunes they'll automatically be grouped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
When you put the CD into your Mac it should show up saying if you want to import it. Say NO. Then go to iTunes and click on the CD in the left sidebar. All the tracks on the CD should display in the main window. Highlight all the tracks and edit the album field to be the same.

Reaction score
because each album has over 50 tracks each and I have about 150 albums in iTunes, so its a big pain to find each track as itunes mixes them all in with the other albums
There's a search feature in iTunes. :) Finding those tracks should be easy. You can also create a temporary playlist to group those tracks as you find them.

Reaction score
Why aren't songs with the same album art grouped together?

Thanks very much for the help.....Much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.