iMac Keyboard hotkeys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I just bought the new really thin iMac keyboard. I hooked it up to my powerbook that is closed with an external monitor and everything works fine... except I can't get any of the hotkeys like volume up and down, brightness, etc. to work. Right now instead of their hotkeys they are doing expose or Help. I know I can change some of the keys through the System Prefs, but prefs doesn't seem to be recognizing any F keys past F13, which means F14-19 are pretty much useless.

Before I had an external BT apple keyboard that had volume keys separate of the F - keys, and that always worked fine. Does anyone know if these keys can be used with a closed apple laptop?

Thanks in advance.

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I have checked preferences and the expose keys are set to F9-F12. But as I said before, I can't get the keyboard shortcuts to recognize F14-F19 so changing them won't do anything. Even when I change them, the special hotkeys still don't work.

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.