Mighty Mouse wont turn on!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I finally received my 15'" 2.4Ghz MBP last night and absolutely fell in love with the computer. Though, my excitement was shortlived once I ran into a problem with my brand new MM. I opened the box, popped in the batteries, and turned it on.. Half way through getting it connected with the MBP, it all of a sudden shuts off... now it wont turn back on!!! I tried replacing the batteries but it still wont turn on.. Can anybody help me??
Thanks in advance,
Leke

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Leke.

What type of surface are you using the MM on? I ask because a friend of mine bought a wireless Apple Keyboard and a Mighty Mouse and the surface was some kind of funky pattern that the sensors went haywire on. Once she placed a mouse pad under both of them, all worked perfectly.

Try putting a different surface under your MM and see where that takes you. Report back with the outcome. Good luck! :)

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks for the quick response..

I havent even been able to use the mouse yet, the green light on the bottom wont light up :Angry:

M

MacHeadCase

Ok well you have made doubly sure they are inserted the way they ought to be?

If so, take it back, you obviously have a defective unit and ask for a new one as a replacement.

Mine works very well but people can get lemons once in a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.