Applescript for stopping music when key is pressed (not the pause button)

Reaction score
Hi

I have been messing with the Speech recognition in OS X and think it would be useful, but there is one problem, Music.

I have a key set so that when I click it, it captures a voice command, I want to write a script that will mute, or pause music when this button is clicked. Then when the button is released the music comes back on again.

Can this be done with Applescritpt? If so is there somewhere I can get such a script? Or how would I start to write it myself, I can program in Java and PHP so I have some programming experience to help me a bit

Thanks

Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I want to write a script that will mute, or pause music when this button is clicked. Then when the button is released the music comes back on again.
Just out of curiosity, why not just use the "Mute" button that already exists on the keyboard?

OP
J
Reaction score
It will not let you set the mute key as the key to be pressed to capture the voice command.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.