MacBook wouldn't turn on this morning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB Hard Drive, 2GB memory
Last night, after using my computer in bed for a little while, I shut it down and set it back on my desk. This morning, I went to turn it on and nothing would happen. When the computer was open, the white light wasn't on; as soon as I shut the lid, it came on.

I eventually took out the battery and heard a small sound like the computer turning off. I put the battery back in, and it turned on, but at first the grey screen came up, then turned off, then finally came on for good and my computer started normally.

HELP! I've only had this computer since 7/4/07, and I've had ZERO problems until now! This worries me. What should I do?

Reaction score
Last night, after using my computer in bed for a little while, I shut it down and set it back on my desk. This morning, I went to turn it on and nothing would happen. When the computer was open, the white light wasn't on; as soon as I shut the lid, it came on.

I eventually took out the battery and heard a small sound like the computer turning off. I put the battery back in, and it turned on, but at first the grey screen came up, then turned off, then finally came on for good and my computer started normally.

HELP! I've only had this computer since 7/4/07, and I've had ZERO problems until now! This worries me. What should I do?

Did you have your Mac plugged in when you were using it before you went to bed? Did you plug it in after you were done using it?

To me it sounds like the battery was about dead and didn't have enough power to power the Mac.

I may be wrong, so feel free to correct me.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB Hard Drive, 2GB memory
Nope, it was charging all night and when I finally turned it on the battery said 100%!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.