• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Complain(for a good cause) about anything mac

T

The mac 13

ok guys, complain anything that you don like in a mac. anything fr its policies to its frequent mouse non-responding problem(i think). then when i have lots of complains,i will mail apple bout this thread. i know that you like a mac.ME 2. but it also have some probs no matter what. i guess that you have to agree on that. my purpose of this thread is so that apple can improve n more will switch. think different. SHOOT!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
o ya ther r problms n we mst sned a lettr 2 appl or lse!i meen, we will lve wit dese probs 4eva.

Really. There are problems with everything. Maybe I should go start a thread about how Fisher Price's new small toys choke little children if they eat them. Let's send a letter to them!

OP
T

The mac 13

absulute zero, please specify the probs that you encounter ONLY in macs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
The Mac is perfect. :) </what everyone is going to say>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
They have a whole team of developers that already does these sort of things..

my only complaint about the mac so far is it doesn't filter out pages created by children on forums or even prevent them from posting stupid stuff..

Can apple fix this problem of mine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I almost want to remove my previous post, I don't want to discourage you from purchasing a Mac, but honestly I could care less if they lose a sale. Because with Tiger coming out I'm sure they will dominate PeeCee's in the graphics field (as if they don't already). I see nothing but growth for Apple, but anyways..

You need to calm down, spend more time mowing lawns than posting. Get yourself a cheaper (used) iBook than the one in your profile until you turn 16 and get a real job and then save up for a faster machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow sKaD, I haven't seen you post in forever. You remember me? I used to be Mac dude. :) We used to talk on AIM, haven't seen you on though.

OP
T

TylerMoney

I had a kernal panic the other day..my first and only....upsetting it was...I shouldn't have to deal with that. Also...sometimes it's just weird. I can't think of any specific problems right now, but I will have programs crash once in a while. Not a perfect machine, but I do now prefer it over my pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kernel Panics... man, had those all the time. They slowly disapeared though.
Usually happens when one of your apps is whoring the RAM and the kernel doesn't like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
well iMovie has a whole other issue catagory. Been so bad that I have to plug my system to restart it. I get a SBBOD (Spinning Beach Ball of Death). But thats only on the Macs are school buys except for for the G5. My PB runs it fine and even my G3 All-in-one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I have only had one kernal panic in the 3 years that I have owned my machine.. Ill count myself lucky :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i hate apple business moves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
It's a good point, and I guess some 90% of business is really run the same.

OP
M

Matt

Apple does very little advertising in Australia. Not in newspapers, Not in Magazines (Well, probably in Mac Magazines and sometimes you see an iPod or iPod Mini in mags, oh and once in a magazine it had "Apple of my eye, Apple Powerbook" 1800 APPLE or www.apple.com.au/store" with a pic of a Powerbook beside it!"), not on TV ( they had the G5 ad on, but it was banned by the Australian government soon after, thanks to Dell), not on the Radio. they virtually only advertise the Apple iPod (Except on their website).

Is this the same case in the US???

OP
I

iSheep

They don't get much at all in the UK either. They probably don't think it's worth it.

OP
C

CaptainMack

we dont even get alot here in the u.s. i dont no why. i think they could do a good job

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
IMO Apple and all it makes is the sort that people seek out; no ads had anything to do with my switch to Mac. It was a visit to a CompUSA and a hands on try of the OS :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
i think apple makes 1 good commercial and plays it only a few times, rather than making 10 crapy commericals and playing it thousands of times...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.