• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Complain(for a good cause) about anything mac

OP
I

iSheep

Blimey!

I've seen them for the 12" and 17" PowerBooks, new G5, when the G4 crossed over the 1GHz barrier (that was with the war thing, and the "Pentium PCs: well, they're harmless"), lots of different iPods, new iMac and iMovie. All on TV.

OP
M

Matt

I think this is why Apple has poor sales, cause they never advertise their products!!! Very few people even consiter a Mac over here. There are very few Mac's in schools here too. My high school, for example, I've only seen an LII and an LC 575. All the rest are PC's running Windows 2000.

OP
P

pedXing

trpnmonkey...that is definitly the best ad....i love the music by steriogram...you know that iMac in the window ad was AWESOME...say does anybody have a working link for that one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Wasn't there a commercial somethink like a train or something and there was a PC and a Mac both doing some kind of process? I can't remember.. I think it was funny though.. wasn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
I hate that my mouse stops responding to clicks properly, it just unselects the finder window or app when i click and if i click on them they dont select :confused: until i bring force quit menu up with keyboard shortcuts.. basically its REALLY annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Psychology works a lot better. Apple don't need to advertise it's products like the other's do. They may only advetise a new product to get people interested. If your a compulsive TV addict(s), you'll see the Apple logo and various Macintoshes making cameo appearances in all sorts of things from non apple commericials to TV series such as CSI and 24, on to movies in the big screen.

You'll find about 60-70% of musicians and actors will do their stuff on a Mac, also found in many professional recording studios around the world... So why waste money on advertising when endorsements from the movie industry is just as effective?

OP
T

The mac 13

hype.it said:
Psychology works a lot better. Apple don't need to advertise it's products like the other's do. They may only advetise a new product to get people interested. If your a compulsive TV addict(s), you'll see the Apple logo and various Macintoshes making cameo appearances in all sorts of things from non apple commericials to TV series such as CSI and 24, on to movies in the big screen.

You'll find about 60-70% of musicians and actors will do their stuff on a Mac, also found in many professional recording studios around the world... So why waste money on advertising when endorsements from the movie industry is just as effective?

agreed.. coldplay uses a mac..the lead singer named his baby gal(i think) apple..and stevie(steve jobs) thanked em'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.