upgrading from mac os x 10.1 to....anything!! lol

Reaction score
right i have an ibook, without a dvd drive (only cd) and i need a better os. the software i am looking to use is called final scratch v1 and it needs at least mac os x 10.2.3.....

is there any way to upgrade this laptop to run on this os? obviously without a dvd...

any help will be appreciated!!! thanks!! :)

Ryan :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
right i have an ibook, without a dvd drive (only cd) and i need a better os. the software i am looking to use is called final scratch v1 and it needs at least mac os x 10.2.3.....

is there any way to upgrade this laptop to run on this os? obviously without a dvd...

any help will be appreciated!!! thanks!! :)

Ryan :D

Ebay! Look for Full Install of 10.2 or better yet 10.3. Both come on CD's. Be sure it's not some machine specific CD, but the real full install of Jaguar or Panther 10.3. What iBook? How much RAM? What CPU speed? 10.1 will not run anything new. Like I said you would be best off with 10.3 Panther.

OP
D
Reaction score
so 10.3 panther would run yes? and would come on cds?

the macs specs are:

ibook
powerpc g3
320mb ram
osx 10.1

so panther 10.3 would run yeah? im not looking for it to be extremenly fast it just needs to play music using traktor dj studio!

thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
so 10.3 panther would run yes? and would come on cds?

the macs specs are:

ibook
powerpc g3
320mb ram
osx 10.1

so panther 10.3 would run yeah? im not looking for it to be extremenly fast it just needs to play music using traktor dj studio!

thanks!

Yes 10.3 Panther will run ok with 320 Megs RAM and that iBook G3. The Full install is what you want and comes on 3 CD's. I have seen some on Ebay for under $30. Down the line I would max out the ram to probably on that older iBook 640 Megs. Would make it smoother with a few things running. I have an iMac G3 333Mhz with 10.3. Your iBook will run it much faster and this is useable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.