• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Major Apple event Sept 5th?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I read that earlier. If it is in fact true, new iPods maybe?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Since it's from ARS and not some far out rumor site, it probably will happen. Be interesting to see how many of the Rumors are true!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
If it is the new iPod, and they turn out anything like the 'leaked' pics that have been floating around for the past few days, I'm not that excited.

My 3rd generation iPod broke about 2 years ago and I've still not upgraded. I'm not going to get a new iPod until it's the full face multitouch version that's inevitable.

Maybe they'll astound us all and unveil the 12" MacbTablet Pro! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why is it that every time a rumor gets made up about Apple doing a presentation somewhere, its always a "MAJOR EVENT"???

It seems that every time someone gets wind of Steve Jobs blowing his nose, some bunch of fanboys feel the need to get on the rumor wire with news about a "MAJOR EVENT".

Relax people... if a new iPod (or any new Apple product for that matter) comes out you'll definitely hear about it the day it happens from Apple.
dtravis7 said:
Since it's from ARS and not some far out rumor site, it probably will happen.
Its another unsubstantiated rumor from AppleInsider. ARS is only writing about the article written by AI, and not reporting a rumor that they made up themselves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
If the iPods will come out with a scaled-down version of Mac OS X, does that mean that you will be able to modify content of such programs as iCal from the iPod itself? I love iCal, and and I love iPods, but I find it frustrating that while I am at work or elsewhere, I can't modify entries in the iPod itself. I would really like a PDA type device from Apple. Do you think this could happen with the next iPods? I'm not willing to spend so much money on iPhones, and AT&T has terrible service in my area.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
I am not interested in iPods,

maybe just because I don't wanna waste my money on things I could use for better things ;)

and indeed Trav, it's not a major thing

A new Mac, brand new, new name, and new stuff on it, that's a major event! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
-D3v1L80Y
Relax people... if a new iPod (or any new Apple product for that matter) comes out you'll definitely hear about it the day it happens from Apple.

Amen. No truer words have been said.
-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
Is'nt it funny how when these "Major Event" rumors come up, for some odd reason the all seem to come true.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I wouldn't call the release of the next gen iPod a major event anyway. WWDC and Macworld are major events. A brand new product is a major event. These are just upgrades. Relax.

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why is it that every time a rumor gets made up about Apple doing a presentation somewhere, its always a "MAJOR EVENT"???

It seems that every time someone gets wind of Steve Jobs blowing his nose, some bunch of fanboys feel the need to get on the rumor wire with news about a "MAJOR EVENT".

Relax people... if a new iPod (or any new Apple product for that matter) comes out you'll definitely hear about it the day it happens from Apple.Its another unsubstantiated rumor from AppleInsider. ARS is only writing about the article written by AI, and not reporting a rumor that they made up themselves.

Because Apple never holds "Minor" events?

Speaking of needing to calm down...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
we wont know if its true until apple tell us or it actually happens. although it would be nice for new ipoads to come out :O

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Because Apple never holds "Minor" events?

Agreed, With Steve Jobs EVERYTHING is a Major Event. Cool Aid anyone?

I think I will run out and buy 5 copies of Vista and ditch the Cool Aid and Major Events. A BROWN Zune also.

I had a Major Apple Event here last night. My G4 YIKES MAC would not install Tiger. Tried 50 times. Stick of RAM it did not like. MAJOR Apple Event. Jobs should have been here to see me ready to hit the Gray Mac at 4AM! Glad I tried that one last stick of RAM. I need my sleep after all that.

:D

hahahaha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
I wouldn't call the release of the next gen iPod a major event anyway. WWDC and Macworld are major events. A brand new product is a major event. These are just upgrades. Relax.

Most rumors are predicting a new model on top of major upgrades to the existing.

For someone waiting for a new ipod such as myself this is a major event.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Agreed, With Steve Jobs EVERYTHING is a Major Event. Cool Aid anyone?
Trusted sources have informed us that next Tuesday, August 28, 2007 Steve Jobs will hold a special press conference at 2:00 PM PST.

We are told that the CEO is going to be broadcasting live from his Porcelain Office, deep inside Apple's Cupertino Headquarters, to announce the release of his latest creation, the iPoop.

It will most certainly be a major event that every die-hard Apple fan will be on the lookout for.

Reaction score
Trusted sources have informed us that next Tuesday, August 28, 2007 Steve Jobs will hold a special press conference at 2:00 PM PST.

We are told that the CEO is going to be broadcasting live from his Porcelain Office, deep inside Apple's Cupertino Headquarters, to announce the release of his latest creation, the iPoop.

It will most certainly be a major event that every die-hard Apple fan will be on the lookout for.

Nice!! I have been waiting since february for this!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G

You got me all excited the 28th is my birthday...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
What ever happened to ipods being music players?

Why does everyone want them to calculate, organize show videos etc etc when all they really should be doing is playing music?

I say keep them looking good, and keeping them doing what they do best, which is playing music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
What ever happened to ipods being music players?

Why does everyone want them to calculate, organize show videos etc etc when all they really should be doing is playing music?

I say keep them looking good, and keeping them doing what they do best, which is playing music.

All I want is a 120GB 5G iPod. There's been a lot of rumors about the new iPods being low capacity, and if they are I'll just get an 80GB 5.5G; but my 60GB 5G really does need upgrading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
I'm really hoping this event is for ipods, and not for macbook pros (15 inch). Mine is getting delivered on the 5th :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.