Refurbished iPhones

JRV

Reaction score
I see that the refurbished iPhones are selling for $100 less and Apple claims to test and make sure each refurb item works. Has anyone had experience with refurbished Apple products? Are they ok or did you get one that didn't work or was all scratched or had a big scratch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I bet if you ordered one, you couldn't tell it had ever been used. I have ordered a number of refurb. products from Apple, and they arrive looking pristine. In fact, I just got my refurb. Airport Extreme Bse Station from FedEX today! Looks and works just like new. I have also gotten an iPod and seen iPods that are refurbished. Apple has a serious process that they go through before they send out any refurb. items. Trust them. They won't screw you.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
Yeah I see that they even offer a warranty. I was just wondering if they would hand out an iPhone that had scratches saying that the scratches didn't affect the way the phone operates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Yeah, that's not going to happen. I believe the whole case is replaced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
where do you order it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At store.apple.com, way down on the left navagation bar, there is a section for refurbished Mac, iPods, rebates, deals, etc. It's with those...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
A refurbed mac with look exactly like new and has the same exact warranty. The only difference is the box it comes in. I've bought 4 refubished products from apple, 2 iPods, a macbook and an imac. One ipod went bad quickly and i got a full refund. but i've purchased only one new product from apple, the iphone and I need to send that in for repair.
I think refurbished is the best way to go.
Bryan

Reaction score
Refurb iphone here. You cant tell it from new. Some people claim they like the "smell" of a new one. If an imaginary smell is worth $100 more to you help yourself. And there is the stigma that refurbs will be defective or something. Hello, where do you think refurbs come from?? They were NEW products that had defects.

This is the 8th (or so) apple refurb product Ive bought. You absolutely CANNOT tell one from new. Im not a person thats hip on buying a demo unit at a store to save a few bucks. In fact I never have. But refurbs from Apple are just the same as new in my book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
A refurbed mac with look exactly like new and has the same exact warranty. The only difference is the box it comes in. I've bought 4 refubished products from apple, 2 iPods, a macbook and an imac. One ipod went bad quickly and i got a full refund. but i've purchased only one new product from apple, the iphone and I need to send that in for repair.
I think refurbished is the best way to go.
Bryan

I thought their refurb stuff came with only a 90 day warranty?

Reaction score

Direct from their site:

Guaranteed Apple quality.

Before we put a pre-owned Mac, iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV up for sale in Special Deals, it undergoes a rigorous refurbishment process to make sure it's up to Apple's tough quality standards. We back it with our standard one-year limited warranty. And you have the option of purchasing an AppleCare Protection Plan for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Sames exact warranty as a "new" product. There is a 90 phone support part of the warranty but that same length of time is also given to "new" products.

Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.