It's Arrived....But...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
My new MacBook Pro has arrived, in fact im typing on it right now.

However, I am seeing the yellowish tint on the lower half of the screen. My girlfriend can't notice it, but i can.

Also when the screen is closed, its not quite straight. It sits up slightly on one side.

Do you think i should return it?

Works great with my 20" ViewSonic lcd though.

TWM

Reaction score
Yes, i think you should. If you spend that much money on a notebook, it should be perfect, in my opinion at least.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
you are right, just confirmed what i was thinking.

does anybody have any experience of purchasing over the phone, and returning to the Apple Store? Is this possible?

TWM

Reaction score
I have no clue, but i can tell you its worth the call, Apple has great costumer support... and i am sure you will have no issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
I have no clue, but i can tell you its worth the call, Apple has great costumer support... and i am sure you will have no issues.

Yep, Apple CS is top notch!! And im sure theyd be more than happy to help u out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
The screen warpage (when the lid is closed) is normal, as long as its nothing severe.

However, I would call in about the yellowish hue. Go to an apple store and ask what's wrong. If they confirm that there's a problem with the backlight, they should be able to repair it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
The screen warpage (when the lid is closed) is normal, as long as its nothing severe.

However, I would call in about the yellowish hue. Go to an apple store and ask what's wrong. If they confirm that there's a problem with the backlight, they should be able to repair it.

I definitely wouldn't want my new MBP repaired if it's still within return policy which it seems like yours is... fully expect a new one.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Been on to apple this morning. They have arranged for a replacement to be sent out, but gotta wait another three weeks which is a pain coz im on holiday then!!

There was no argument from them at all. I think they are aware of the yellow cast issue. Theres a lot of noise about it over on MacRumors

in the mean time, im enjoying playing with this MBP until i have to send it back.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An Update

Well, my Macbook Pro is being collected for return tomorrow.

My replacement is due to be shipped in the next 24 hours, so i'll have to wait a week for it.

I am i disappointed?

NO!!!

My only frustration is that i will be without a Mac for a week! In the few days i've had with it i've been totally blown away. Apart from the things mentioned above, the machine has performed very well, and OSX is brilliant

Things that are a constant source of frustration in Windows, just work in OSX.

I certainly will not be buying or building another windows machine. Im hooked.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
that must be a bit of a blow mate! im currently waiting for my new macbook to be delivered and having it delivered then having to wait another week must be tourture! It has to be done though.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is torture, though i do have an old G3 powermac to keep me amused.

Mind you, it will only take as long to arrive as my Windows XP machine does to boot ;)

Im going to take the opportunity to clear down the windows machine ready for giving to my dad. I should have done this last week, but i know if i leave it until the mac arrives it'll will never get done!

I tried talking him into getting a mac mini but he is too tight :)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An Update

Well, My replacemet MBP shipped on Wednesday from Shanghai (1 week earlier than expected), and is now sitting in the TNT Depot at Northampton UK! Im not happy about this as TNT's Liverpool depot is supposed to be a Hub so why it did not come right into Liverpool from Holland, i dont know.

This means i have to wait until Monday to get it, Which is killing me! I hope its ok.

It seems there are a lot of 15" SR MBP's with the yellowing issue, I was looking at a 2.2Ghz MBP in a reseller in liverpool today, and that has the problem.

As long as its not too bad (if at all) and everything else is ok, i think i'll stick with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.