Temporary Switching

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just have a quick question. I just sold my iMac 2.1ghz (great machine, btw) because I'm going to wait to buy a Macbook Pro in a couple of months (I'll wait until Leopard comes out). Anywho, my question is that I have an external Harddrive that is formatted for MAC OS only, BUT I have been supplied with a PC laptop for work. I am wondering how to access my external Harddrive files from this PC laptop? Should I use a MAC OS emulator? Will I then be able to transfer those files to a Windows formatted harddrive (that will be on the PC laptop)?

Please help, as it'd be nice to listen to music and access some of my personal files since I'll have a laptop now for the interim until I get my Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I'd suggest finding someone with a mac who can temorarily store your files. When your hard drive is empty format it to fat_32 which can be read by both windows and mac. Then move all your files back on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.