Too Girly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
http://evolewtion.co.uk/photography/

Please take a look at the link above and just tell me your thoughts on whether there is too much pink/purple used in that design?

Please be aware:

- The links dont work (on the left)
- The image links DO work, I suggest clicking them :D
- I made the site last night whilst very tired, so it may be sloppy, I know there is a minor discrepency within IE, but you probably wont notice it unless you are looking for it.

Tell me what you think, I appreciate it :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
My opinion

Hi,

The first and the only thing that was a bit annoying about this page was the background texture. It's perhaps too much "noticeable". Nice work otherwise :)

This is my huble opinion and I'm a poor excuse for "graphics designer".

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

The first and the only thing that was a bit annoying about this page was the background texture. It's perhaps too much "noticeable". Nice work otherwise :)

This is my huble opinion and I'm a poor excuse for "graphics designer".

Appreciate the comment, This was the first time I have ever experiemented with Pixel pattern backgrounds, and your point is valid and constructive. I may even look into lowering the opacity with CSS. I think thats possible, or I could be confusing it with Javascript. Meh, im at work, its a Friday.

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I find it nice - pleasing to the eye.

Thanks, now I just need to take some images that people might want to look at, lmao !

I will also finish the design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I like it...but then I'm a girl. ;D

I think the design is very nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I don't mind the pink and purple that much at all, but there are a couple things that could be better.

The paragraph you have at the top, I don't think that pink box is necessary at all because you already have a medium/dark background and the light type will be fine on top of that. The other thing that gets me is the links on the left are bright orange, while the rest of the site is pink/purple. I would make those links the same light pink that's in the background and I would take out the fleur de lis, you don't gain anything from them and they just seem out of place.

I know you weren't asking for a big critique, but I figured it's best to get things like this out at the beginning while it's easy to change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
Long live Elvis

Btw, that Elvis-picture is nice, that Macbook makes it hilarious :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Very nice, I don't mind pink and purple.

Well done.

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I sort of wrapped it up and made several of the changes (unfortunatley I havent tried lowering the opacity of the background yet, cause I dont think itts too bad.

But I added a few more images, and I added the other 2 pages, and as far as im aware, everything is functional.

Send me a test message if your feeling a bit naughty !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i actually really like the background, and it's a really nice site. not too girl at all.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I like it, but I find the background too noisy, and it distracts from the content.

Reaction score
It's not too girly and I like the colours but I also think the background is a little too busy. If you used just the two colours of the middle part, the graphite and the border, in your background it'd look a little more cohesive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.