Airport Base Station keeps losing AirDisk on Mac

Reaction score
I had a Airport Base Station Extreme that I've used since this spring. I have a USB 2.0 Hub attached to it that has both a printer and a WD 500GB MyBook Hard Drive plugged into it. I've used it since March without any problems.
Now with the Gigabit update out for the Base Station I just upgraded. The base station itself works fine with the internet and network. Also, the printer works fine but the problem I'm having is with the Airport Disk. For no reason I simply lose it. It happens once about every 24 hours. I will go to the Mac to find a msg. stating it can't find the drive which I called Server. I try to reconnect but when I type in the password and press okay I just get the beachball. It does nothing and times out after about a minute. I continually have that problem. Even when this happens the networkig and internet part of the base station work and the printer works also so I know it's not the USB hub or connection.
My question. I hope this isn't a hardware issue with the new base station I have. Is it possible I have something set up wrong in settings? The only way I get the airdisk back after this happens is to unplug and replug in the base station to reset it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.