Can anyone suggest me any GPS programs

Reaction score
When i was using XP it was Microsoft street and tips 2007 or sth like that. So is there any GPS programs for Mac? Hope they're not like 1000 bucks to buy lol..

Thanks for your help ^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Unfortunately, that's one of the things that kind of is a tad lacking in the MacOS X world. That and my GPS is an old one that uses a serial port to communicate with the computer, something you won't find on any modern Mac. USB -> RS232 port converters don't seem to work either.

I still use an old PC with XP to run the Garmin Mapsource (and Lowrance MapCreate for my aviation unit) and load waypoints, routes, etc. to and from the receiver.

However, I have found that Google Maps works well enough as far as locating where the coordinates are with any given location, which I then manually enter into the receiver to set the waypoint. Having it be a picture of the location is much better than just a standard Map. I do miss the ability to put in an address in DeLorme street atlas and have it reliably come up with the coordinates, but Google Maps seems to work just fine.

Someday I'll update to a newer GPS that has USB communication (or even bluetooth, which would be better) but the unit works just fine for now so why blow the expense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
could you not just run parrallels and then run GPS software in that?

Would this work ok or would it just be a pain?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
maps.google.com
or
maps.google.co.uk

would that not work. you would have to be online tho

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
When i was using XP it was Microsoft street and tips 2007 or sth like that. So is there any GPS programs for Mac? Hope they're not like 1000 bucks to buy lol..

Thanks for your help ^^
Are you looking for software to update your GPS or software that can turn your Macbook into a GPS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
im looking for something like autoroute for mac.

any ideas on that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.