• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

new iPods ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
OMG I saw this yesterday and I hope to god that Apple won't come out with these. The reason someone buys a nano is for the small screen size. If they come out with ones of these I will not be buying one, I'll troll eBay until I find an older version.

DO NOT RELEASE THESE APPLE!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
No picture??? I guess they can't since Apple made them take it down. At least Gizmodo photoshopped exactly what it looked like instead of the real thing and posted it here.

I don't care for it myself. I think they should just let some items be simple and affordable. I wish they add playlist ability to the Shuffle. I know, it kinda go against the name, but with the ability to hold so many songs, you need some organization. So, instead of that, I'll pick up a used older Nano nice and cheap and when everyone is (or might be) going nuts over these.

Reaction score
If that's real then what the heck is going on with the design department over there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Wow. That ipod is kinda ugly. I hope Apple doesnt release that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I think its kinda cool. obviously have video capabilities which is neat. i dont think the design is overall that bad. a wider nano would be easier to use in my hand cause the one i have it so skinny it can be hard to grip and spin the wheel at the same time. glad to see theyre keeping the aluminum too b/c it makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable taking it places and putting it in my pocket without any case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I think i will be keeping my nano the new design doesnt really do it for me, although i do like that the ipod might be a full screen version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
OMG I saw this yesterday and I hope to god that Apple won't come out with these. The reason someone buys a nano is for the small screen size. If they come out with ones of these I will not be buying one, I'll troll eBay until I find an older version.

DO NOT RELEASE THESE APPLE!!!!!

listen to you!!! when has apple ever released an ipod, or product of any kind that at the time wasn't gorgeous?? (exclude those ugly colored macs, lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting

That really sketchy looking photo of the iPod nano "phatty" from yesterday? Yeah, you can officially file that under deceptively sketchy looking -- Apple's legal team called demanding we take the shot down, claiming ownership of the photo, and that it was "stolen" from the company. Ooook. Granted, Apple doesn't send takedowns to all confirmed-true leaks -- take the new aluminum Mac keyboard, for example. Apple never gave us a hard time when we broke that story. Still, Apple's legal team wouldn't be wasting its or our time if they didn't feel there was something to lose by inaction, so until further notice we're considering this the real deal. Just in case you missed it the first time, we pulled together a quick mockup of the newer, fatter nano. See? You really weren't missing anything. Expect 'em out in the next couple of months, says we.

new-ipod-nano-mock.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it'd be nice if this was the new nano....

1020148556_d33b2f2ba0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I think its kinda cool. obviously have video capabilities which is neat. i dont think the design is overall that bad. a wider nano would be easier to use in my hand cause the one i have it so skinny it can be hard to grip and spin the wheel at the same time. glad to see theyre keeping the aluminum too b/c it makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable taking it places and putting it in my pocket without any case.

same... i dont see whats so bad about it

Reaction score
I don't care for it myself. I think they should just let some items be simple and affordable. I wish they add playlist ability to the Shuffle. I know, it kinda go against the name, but with the ability to hold so many songs, you need some organization. So, instead of that, I'll pick up a used older Nano nice and cheap and when everyone is (or might be) going nuts over these.

Actually, one thing Apple has done to the iPod is made it simpler to use while still adding more feautres. I seriously doubt Apple would make something less simple to use (I say 'less simple' because the first iPod was easy to use and never difficult).

I really hope Apple comes out with this so-called, "full screen iPod." I've had the same ipod (click wheel w/NO color display, no photo/video) for about 3 years. I'm waiting for this full screen iPod- I plan on getting the one with the biggest hard drive when it comes out.

I hope they release it on this sept 5 event!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
I found this on google images and thought that it looked cool.

Yeah, I think it's one of those Asian copies, notice how the bezel says "digital MP4 player. From what I read, the clickwheel doesn't work, it's just buttons.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's one of those Asian copies, notice how the bezel says "digital MP4 player. From what I read, the clickwheel doesn't work, it's just buttons.

Yeah I thought thats what it was. The click wheel does look strange, but I would buy one of those if it had the normal click wheel and did play widescreen videos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.