SLOW internet on macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
has anyone else had this issue? the internet on my macbook is so slow, and very intermittent. it seems that after a few minutes it will just disconnect itself and not work anymore, until i reconnect to the network.

i feel like im on 56k all over again.

i did a google search and found nothing useful. any tips would be nice :)

it's not the router, because i bought a new one thinking that was it. and my mini is incredibly fast, connected by wireless and cable.

Reaction score
Are there many Wireless networks in your area?

What is the speed of the Line?

What are the specs of the router?

OP
bcooper0125
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
Are there many Wireless networks in your area?

What is the speed of the Line?

What are the specs of the router?

There are a lot of wireless networks in the area, about 8 to be exact. 9 on a clear day. I've changed channels, and had no luck.

I don't think the speed of the line is relevant, as my wired computers are fine, don't drop a connection, and load everything properly.

The router is a brand new Belkin N1 Vision. The thing is amazing, and has a freakishly long range, and for the size house we have, I needed it. Before I was using a D-Link N something, and had the same issues. So I know it's not router related.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.