Help ! DVD made with IDVD '06 - Playback fails on some home DVD players...

Reaction score
Hello,

I made different versions of a 32 min DVD using IDVD '06 - 1 in NTSC (720 x 540) format and also 1 in a 1080i format. I created multiple copies on Single Layer DVD R- and DVD R+.

The disc played back fine on my Imac 24 (2006) and on my Samsung DVD-VR 330 at home.

Went to Buddy 1's place to playback the same disc in 1080i - it worked (Panasonic)
Went to Buddy 2's place to playback the same disc in NTSC 720 x 540 on a cheapy Lite-On DVD player - it worked
Went to Buddy 3's place to playback the same NTSC disc on Toshiba PVR/DVD-RAM/R+ and R- player - DISC error - it doesn't want to recognize it.
No Problem - had multiple copies of each but no dice - same error - it doesn't want to playback
Went to 3 other places and tried different NTSC versions/copies on different players ranging from less than 1 year old to 5 year old and some are fancy and some are cheapy DVD players but still no dice...

Why ? Any advice ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Some devices just do not like home made DVDs. It's the luck of the draw and there is little you can do about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.