Looking to buy a Wireless MM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13.3 inch 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 30GB iPod Video Black, 4GB iPod Nano
I'm lookin at buying a wireless Mighty Mouse, but some of the reviews on Apple.com are making me think twice about buying one.

Has anybody ever had problems with the wireless MM? What about the scroll ball? Any problems with that?

Is the tracking very good? Do the right clicks register correctly all the time (when you right click, does it right click and not left click)?

Oh, and is cleaning the mouse a must?

Thanks. I hope the responses are good because I really want one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
I had one for a couple of days, and hated it. There is no grip on it at all, and it doesnt feel right in the hand, because it has no curves. It is a little heavier than I like, so it didnt track very well because I couldn't move it as freely as I wanted. I didn't like the scroll ball, and half the time it wouldn't work as I needed it to.

The clicks didn't register all the time properly, either...

So the answer to your question is, I don't recommend it :)

I returned mine and got a Logitech MX Revolution and love it. It's a little more expensive, but Logitech products are amazing (when they release them for Mac's, at least)

Oh, and I've never cleaned any of my laser or optical mice. They typically don't require any attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
Don't bother. Like bcooper, I got an MX Revolution + SteerMouse. Just awesome. It was a refurb off of eBay. It is basically brand new.

TWM

Reaction score
i use a microsoft mouse and down loaded the microsoft driver from aple website... works like a charm.

Reaction score
I personally know the mighty mouse only from playing around with it in a electronics shop and I actually liked it a lot...the design matches the Macs perfectly (obviously) and they were pretty nice to use. However some of the reviews I read on the net made me not buy it for one and the second reason for me was: I have been a long time Logitech user (since my windows days) and I like it to have a lot of additional mouse buttons.
I can tell you that the Logitech mouse I own now fits my needs perfectly (VX revolution)...BUT please be warned Mac support by Logitech isn't as good as for windows and the drivers seem to cause issues so Steermouse probably is a must if you decide on buying a Logitech mouse.

kuchiki

ps: I am having a giveaway contest on my blog for a steermouse license so if you decide to buy a Logitech why not try your luck?

M

MacHeadCase

Besides, SteerMouse even supports the Mighty Mouse, I've heard. :)

BTW, your blog looks great kuchiki!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I have used the BT mighty mouse since I purchased my iMac (Oct 06) and besides a new battery and the occasional cleaning of the scroll ball I have had no problems
The right click works fine I have learnt to apply slight pressure to the rear part with the palm of my hand and then clicking...It's the coolest mouse I've used...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have had no issues with the Right click as long as I lift my Left finger. Works every time for me and I have 3 MM's.

The Scroll Ball does get dirty sometimes but I can always clean it and get it working like new in a minute.

That said, my favorite Mice overall have always been Logitech. Used them for years on the PC and on the Mac.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13.3 inch 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 30GB iPod Video Black, 4GB iPod Nano
Some of you say to go Logitech, some say that the MM is good.

I'm so confused!

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get a MM. I used to use a Logitech MX series mouse, but not that mouse doesn't seem to register clicks very well. I'd have to click extremely hard. :(

I'm sure some of you are saying, "Wow. Then why bother have this thread?" Well, its because I wanted to see what actual users had to say. So, I thank you for helping me.

Sure, I might be walking into a problem zone by buying a MM, but, I guess thats a risk I'm willing to take.

So, thanks for some of the tips. And, what exactly is Steermouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
I had the MM for about 2 days. The only thing i hated about the mouse is the right clicking didn't always register or it left clicked when i right clicked. I returned it for the Logitech VX revolution and find it great. Not to mention it has more buttons then the MM and at the time was cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz iMAC w/ 4GB Ram - 17" 1.67ghz PBook G4 w/ 2GB Ram
In my case, i already had the logitech mx400 corded mouse from my PC, so when i purchased my iMAC, i opted for the wireless MM and figured I can switch from one to another.

When working on graphics/websites/photos for a client, i cannot risk not being able to use my mouse due to low batteries so I always need a corded mouse ready to go. I hope I like the wireless MM when the iMAC arrives, because i plan to use it for websurfing and misc. stuff.

And it just looks so wicked next to the aluminum iMACs and keyboard...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.