Question for all you 15" Powerbook owners

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I'm curious if the 15" Powerbook's palm-rest area is any cooler than the 12" Powerbooks? Do your palms sweat from typing on it? Is it fairly warm?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I don't ever have a problem wtih that.. never even thought about it. My PB 15" usually gets hot right underneight the LCD and where the power button is, but not around the palm rest.. it's usually decently cool there, but I have a Tibook also.. so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
No problems with 17" PB. The part below the PB in the front (near the screen) gets really warm. The plam rest area gets a bit warm, but its hardly noticable. I guess I should also add that I don't type loads, so that might make a difference.

M

menace3054

it defintely can get warm, especially after an hour or so, i dont think my palms have sweated, but thats definately up to the person.

OP
Osiris22x
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I decided to go check it out for myself. I walked up to a 15" Powerbook that had been running all day at the Apple store, and I felt it...it was barely warm on the palm-rest area, but quite hot underneat. This is what I'm looking for. The 12" Powerbooks get hot right where your wrists end up, and it's really uncomfortable.

It's getting more and more compelling to swap this 12" for a 15".

M

MoltenLava

Underneath the palmrest area is the disk drive. It will get warm or hot only when there is enough continuous disk activities. Just leaving a computer on or light web surfing is not going to heat it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.