my mac is so messed up

Reaction score
ok well i have 3 drivers and some way some how i deleted or ejected one of the drivers and the icon that usally shows that it is thare is gone and i need to know how to get it back to the way it was i freaking out

Reaction score
try ejecting all the external drives. Use disk utility and repair permissions on the internal disk and restart the computer. Once restarted plug all the external disks back in and make sure they are turned on if they are plugged into a wall outlet for power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
First of all, WELCOME to Mac Forums, dfsfga!

Secondly, could you tell us a little more about your system? What type of Mac, what OS, how much disk/memory? Thanks.

Thirdly, it will generally correct itself if you unplug all the external drives, shut down and then restart. Now plug them back in, one by one. Wait after you plug in each one - it should automount onto the desktop. If it does not, let us know, and we can dig into further - they may be damaged, have format issues or something else. However, I would take the above step first before going further.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I think he means he has three partitions and he has accidentally removed one of the partitions from the Finder sidebar. I think, that is.

Anyway, you should go into Finder Preferences "Command + ," and reenable the drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.