Boot Camp isn't compatable with New imac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Imac 24" , 2.4 Ghz , 1 GB Memory
Right now, at least ver. 1.4 when you go to burn the drivers after It says failed to verify (verify the drivers) or something of that nature. This happened twice. I suppose they need an new update to cover the new Imacs. :Angry: Anyone have any similar issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I thought the ver.1.4 was brought out for the new iMacs...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently not. I just got an new imac and says error verifying drivers (when it burns).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
goobimama is correct, version 1.4b was put out specifically to add support for the new iMacs. I know because I installed 1.3 as soon as we got the iMac and half of the drivers didn't work. And then 1.4b came out a couple of hours later, specifically pointing out that support for the new iMacs was added. After installing that, things worked perfectly.

If you're having a problem with burning the driver disc, the issue may reside in hardware, more specifically, your optical drive.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I've successfully burned several disks outside of boot camp. It's not my optical drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried redownloading Boot Camp? Perhaps your copy got corrupted somehow

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No what I did was un check verify in the beginning and it worked. And all worked fine. But I really don't want windows.

Reaction score
I bought a new iMac and put boot camp with win XP on it the second day i had it, no problem burning disk, worked just fine.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No what I did was un check verify in the beginning and it worked. And all worked fine. But I really don't want windows.

Interesting you would say that. I installed XP Pro on my Core Duo Mini with Bootcamp really just to see it work and how well it worked. Got sick of it taking up space for Mac stuff so zapped it.

I have dedicated Windows machines for the few things I need Windows for. I wanted my Macs just OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I got this too, albeit with my old iMac, and it was the media - I changed to an Imation CDR and got no errors.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I got this too, albeit with my old iMac, and it was the media - I changed to an Imation CDR and got no errors.

Just curious, what media were you having issues with? I had tried some Memorex's and had nothing but issues then went back to Imation which I have used for years and the issues went away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been using Memorex without any problems for years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.