Outgoing Mail Server

B

Bluewolf

How do I remove incorrect outgoing mail servers? :confused:

When trying to setup my outgoing mail server I accidetnly added too many incorrect ones. I have entered the right one, but occasionally it cycles through the different outgoing servers. I just want to remove the incorrect ones so that it stops doing that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Go to prefrences in Mail. click on the accounts tab. then choose any of the acccounts and at the bottom of the account settings, there is a drop dpwn menu for outgoing servers. click on the drop down menu and there is an option to edit server list. click on that and remove the servers that you do not require. :cool:

OP
B

Bluewolf

iaminvincible said:
Go to prefrences in Mail. click on the accounts tab. then choose any of the acccounts and at the bottom of the account settings, there is a drop dpwn menu for outgoing servers. click on the drop down menu and there is an option to edit server list. click on that and remove the servers that you do not require. :cool:

Preferences/Edit/Options - however when I get to where you can 'add a new server' I can't delete it. Even if I then go into the options and delete what is in the fields I cannot click 'okay' as I have to enter something in those fields. :confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.