OSX 10.3.9 iBook to OSX 10.4.10 MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz, 1GB RAM
Okay, so I got a Macbook to replace my old 900MHz iBook.

I used the automatic transfer thing that my Macbook prompted me to do - but here's the issue: I believe I had some, well, some crap on the old computer that got transfered over (Old library files, ect), and for the life of me I can't get MacPython to work on the Macbook, which is rather upsetting as I am an amature programmer.

I was wondering if there was any way to detect uneeded files and delete them, or if i should just reinstall the OS, and just put back the music/movies/reinstall the programs.

Thanks,
Massasoit.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Massasoit.

As far as I know, you'll have to do that manually. That's what I did anyhow when I went from my G4 iMac to the iMac G5 I now use.

Thinking back, I should have transferred only my internet settings and stuff like that. All the apps that were important to me (even those that weren't!), I had the installers for and it would have been a much better idea to start from scratch.

OP
Massasoit
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz, 1GB RAM
Alright. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.