Remote Desktop question

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Semi-switcher here. I just got a new teaching job and it's an all-Mac lab. I still use my PC's at home, but I am convinced that solidarity can be achieved :D

OK, my computer lab has 21 iMacs on a LAN. I am using Remote Desktop to monitor and help students with my computer applications class and maintain the Macs.

These computers are all from the same image, and as far as I can tell all settings are correct. I have two computers that ARD will not wake. Sometimes I get a communication error, sometimes I get a fail message. Once the computers are awake, I can use ARD just fine for all other commands.

The computers are definitely asleep (pulsing power light, not steady) and I have checked and double checked settings.

Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I've never ever seen Wake work. Not even once. 19 of them working blows my mind.

Reaction score
Remote support appliance – Remote support for MAC and PC in a box. Help desk functionality to quickly resolve customer problems on the first call http://www.gomeetnow.com/. Advanced features include remote reboot, unattended support, multi-tier support, and switch to training mode during a support session.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.