Macbook not working sometimes.

Reaction score
Ok, I just made a thread about how sometimes my macbook would go on little CPU rages. Well I was told to use the activity monitor, which seemed like it would do the trick. So I waited for the next time my macbook goes on its little CPU "workout." I once it did I tried to open up apps. and nothing would go. Not even slowly, the icons would bounce on the dock for literally 10 mins if I let them. Nothing would go, even the smallest of apps would not respond. I dont know whats going on, but its doing it like once a day now and its not exactly "mac-ish."

Help anyone? Im kinda worried.

Thanks ahead of time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
if you download this app called iStat, it will tell you how your machine is running in real-time.. ranges from system utilization, to ethernet speeds to fans...

http://www.islayer.com/

Also when you use activity monitor, if you click real memory, and have the highest at the top what process is taking most of the memory and also how much memory do you have on your system?

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes, I have the iStat program. It basicly says that my CPU is working at like 90%. And I go to open the activity monitor to see what taking all this and nothing opens. No new apps will open up, and the ones that are already open run fine. It wont like me see. It sort of "semi locks up" for a long time. The only way I know how to stop it is to force quit everything and restart, but that dont fix anything. Just comes back later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
Go to a genius bar and talk to them. I had a similar problem recently and they discovered that an update didn't install properly. In addition to that, there was some sort of confusion going on where my macbook thought it had 2 optical drives and would run slow because it was trying to find the other one that isn't there.

That's the explanation I got from them anyway. But hey I'm back to running at full speed.

SLC

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, so if I bring it to them they can check it? Sounds good. I will try. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.