iMac malfunction

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
First question: Does the iMac take mini cds? Mine ate my little CD. So I poked another CD against it to pop it out and it ate that CD too. No matter how many times I hit eject it doesn't eject.

Second question: How the heck do I get my CDs out of there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Don't put mini cd's in a slot load drive, the arm that is used to push out a normal sized CD will never be able to push out a mini CD.
There is an eject button on most Apple keyboards or drag the CD to the trash or right click and eject (control click if you use a 1 button mouse).
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Unless ur asking how to get mini cd's out. Well you will have turn ur computer over and shake it out while gravity does what it does. I dont know how else to do it.
Bryan

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, the eject on the keyboard doesn't work and then there's no CD icon that pops up on the desktop. I'm afraid to turn it over and shake it because I don't wanna rattle anything loose. I've poked around best I could with stuff but I'm afraid I'm going to ruin something in there. I'm probably just gonna have to buy an external CD drive.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You have to hold down the eject on the keyboard for at least 2 seconds, but still I doubt it will eject. Turn it carefully sideways and shake it gently.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I could sit on the eject key and it still won't eject. I'll try the shake I guess...good thing I have insurance.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, shaking doesn't work. It's actually lodged in there. I guess I could take it back to Fry's for repair

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.